Frequently Asked QuestionsNot sure about something? View our FAQ's below
Although We Have Offices In The State Of Kansas, We Have A Fund Sharing Agreement With Our National Office. Are We Still Eligible To Apply For A Grant From The Wallace Foundation?
Yes, but additional steps may be required to assure that any grant funds from the Foundation will be only utilized within the State of Kansas, and will not be subject to the fund sharing agreement with your national office.
Are there deadlines for submitting a grant request?
We have a continuous approval process, so grant requests may be submitted at any time.
How Will The Application Be Processed?
Upon receiving an application requesting a grant, the proposal is reviewed to confirm that all information has been submitted. The Trustees actively review each grant request and meet to discuss the requests and grant approvals. Each grant request application is acknowledged as received by the Foundation.
Are There Certain Areas In Which The Board Of Trustees Prefers Not To Fund?
The Wallace Foundation trustees at this time prefer not to fund:
- Request for support of fund-raising events.
- Requests to cover operating deficits.
- Activities to propagate a religious faith or restricted to one religion or denomination or memorials.
- Conferences and group travel.
- Activities that are normally the responsibility of government (the Foundation will, in selective cases, join with units of government in support of special projects).
- Grants are not awarded to individuals.
Is There A Minimum Or A Maximum Amount Of A Grant That Will Be Approved By The Wallace Foundation?
The trustees do not have a specific requirement, but instead evaluate each grant request based on its merits.
What Are The Primary Funding Areas Of The Wallace Foundation?
- Arts and Culture
- Community Development and Enhancement
- Social Services and Needs
- Quality of Life
Does the Foundation support scholarship and individual training?
We do not support individual scholarships or training.